DRESS CODE 2020/2021
Students who are out of dress code have two options: 1) Parents can be called to bring appropriate clothes to school. The student will receive “0” for each class missed while out of dress code. 2) Students can go home for the rest of the day. The grade of zero will be given for all missed work.
DRESS CODE IS REQUIRED IN ALL ACADEMIC BUILDINGS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. Students should remain in dress code throughout the school day (7:45-3:00). There will be Dress Down Days occasionally. Please see the Dress Down Day Guidelines for more information.
1. Hair should be neat and clean. Hair shall be neatly cut above the collar, above the eyebrows and around the ears. Hair must be such a length that it is not able to cover the eyes or ears. Nothing shaved into the hair or eyebrows will be acceptable; students who choose to disregard this rule will not be allowed to return to school until the hair is grown back in or it is all shaved off.
3. Girls may also wear uniform navy or khaki/tan skirts or uniform polo style, solid colored, short and long sleeve dresses. Skirts and dresses cannot be shorter than the 1' above the knee.
Tower Grove Christian Academy is in the process of transitioning the Dress Code for middle school. However we want to take into consideration that returning students already have navy and gray polos so they may continue to wear them. We ask that 6th graders and new students wear red and black polos only. If you are purchasing new polos please purchase red and black polos.
1. Pants with belt loops, khaki in color with no design or holes.
2. Red or Black Polo(6th grade and New students) Red, Black, Navy, or Gray Polo (7th and 8th Grade)
3. TGCA fleece, jacket, sweatshirt, or hoodie (Provided that hoods are not worn up).
5. Shorts with belt loops, khaki in color with no design or holes. (No shorter than one inch above the knee)
6. Tennis shoes or closed toe shoes.
Dress Down Day Guidelines
Christian t-shirt, TGCA t-shirt, or uniform shirts may be worn at no cost. Other shirts will not be permitted
Jeans/jean shorts or athletic pants/shorts may be worn for $1. These items must not be form fitting or have holes.
Leggings or jeggings may only be worn under shorts, skirts, or dresses; not by themselves.
Skin or Undergarments must not be seen between the clavicle and 3 inches above the knee.
Clothing must not have holes.
Clothing must not have inappropriate words, symbols, or pictures.
All shirts must cover the shoulder (have sleeves).
Shoes must be closed toed.
Legging may only be worn under shorts, skirts, or dresses. Not by themselves.