Welcome to Tower Grove Christian Academy!
The purpose of our K-8 school is to provide a sound academic education, integrating Biblical truths with the subject taught. The academic requirements for each grade level are developed to meet the course of study prescribed by the Missouri State Department of Education, with emphasis on a high standard of achievement.
The purpose of our preschool is to provide a quality program for all of the children enrolled. Our teachers create an environment in which each child is free to play, learn, experiment, and grow and his/her own rate. Appropriate actions and behaviors will be encouraged and developed through daily living in a Christian atmosphere with loving staff members. The preschool at TGCA offers a 5 day program (Mon-Fri), 6:30 am – 6:00 pm.
If you are interested in giving your students the gift of a strong education based on a Christian worldview, we’d love to hear from you!
Call 314-776-6473 for an interview appointment and a tour of our elementary, middle, or high school.
Call 314-776-6757 with any questions or for a tour of our preschool.
Tower Grove Christian Academy accepts students in kindergarten through eighth grade upon successful completion of registration requirements and placement testing, provided there is evidence that their parents share in the goals of the school. The school asks that parents and guardians sign the Parental Agreement and the Parent Partnership Contract. Middle School students are also asked to sign a behavior agreement during the first week of school. The respective principal will interview students in grades K-8. The head of school is responsible for the final decision of admitting students.
1. Health records
2. Birth certificate (elementary only)
3. Recent report cards (Grades 1-8)
4. Scores of any standardized test
5. Transcript and behavior report from previous school
6. Any other information that will help assess the student’s potential
7. IEP (if applicable)
Kindergarten is offered to children who are at least five years old before July 31 of
the current school year. All children entering kindergarten must have a physical exam and provide immunization dates.
Children entering first grade must be at least six years old before July 31 of the current school year or successful completion of Kindergarten.
Because a high standard of conduct is expected of each student, a careful analysis of each application is made. Each prospective student is admitted on probation with the understanding that the administration can place the student in the class best suited to his or her needs.
If money is owed to Tower Grove Christian Academy, Tower Grove Preschool, or another school, the student will not be accepted until the debt is paid in full.
Academic standards for new students enrolling in Tower Grove Christian Academy are as follows:
1. Parents and new students must schedule a meeting with the respective principal or head of school. They should bring the latest report card and standardized test scores.
2. Students having more than one “F” on their report card from their previous school for a semester are probably unsuitable for enrollment. Entrance will usually be denied.
3. Entrance requirements will be evaluated by the head of school and acceptance or rejection for enrollment will be based on his evaluation of placement scores, past grades, conduct reports, and other pertinent information.
4. All new students are accepted on general probationary status for one semester.
Students attending Tower Grove Christian Academy must maintain at least a “D” average (1.0) for continued enrollment. Those that fail to meet this requirement will be dealt with as follows:
1. Any student with more than one “F” will be placed on academic probation for one quarter. During the quarter of probation, the student must maintain a “D” (1.0) average in all subjects.
2. If a student on academic probation fails to keep his/her grades above an “F’ in more than one subject area, then he/she will be asked to withdraw from the school.
3. Exceptions to the above standard are made at the discretion of the principal.
A testing fee will be assessed on all incoming students in 1st through 5th grade must be tested prior to placement. Incoming students grades 6th through 8th may be asked to be tested prior to placement at the discretion of the administration. Testing dates are pre-arranged and scheduled after March 1 of the prior school year. Contact the school office for more information.
A student will be enrolled when all of the following requirements are met:
1. All accounts – Tower Grove Christian Academy, Tower Grove Preschool, or any other school – must be current.
2. The application packet must be filled out completely and accepted by the school.
3. New students and parents must schedule an appointment with the respective principal or head of school. They should bring the latest report card and standardized test scores.
4. The registration fee must be paid in full.
5. A copy of the birth certificate must be on file in the school office for students in K
through fifth grade.
6. Your child must have had all the necessary immunizations as specified by Missouri state law or have appointments to receive them as soon as possible. If this condition is not met, your child is not enrolled, even though the other requirements may be fulfilled. If your child is permitted to enter school on the condition that immunizations are in process, he/she may attend only as long as this process continues. Upon completion, it is the parent’s responsibility to provide the school office with written proof that the child has received the required immunizations. Failure of the parent to continue and complete their child’s immunizations will result in the child being removed from school. Missouri law requires that we comply with this regulation. See the “Health Services” section for a complete listing.
7. The Parental Agreement, Behavior Contract, and Computer User Agreement must be signed and on file in the school office.
8. Child custody papers, if applicable, must be copied and placed in the student’s file.
9. Emergency forms must be completed yearly.
10. All parents are expected to attend Town Hall meetings.
** Scholarships are available for grade K-8!**
Please contact Laura George at the
Today and Tomorrow Foundation
to learn more or apply.